Sunday 9 December 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss
Add to Goodreads
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

My thoughts 

I can't believe I've waited this long to read Anna and the French kiss. This book is absolutely amazing! And I think I'm in love with it - and of course Étienne St. Clair. Sigh. 
This book made me soo happy and giddy while I was reading it, and when I wasn't reading it made me giddy just thinking about it and know I was going to continue soon. I actually smile just thinking about. It must be love! 
I loved Perkins' writing, she made everything come alive, and she made the characters seem real. And I liked that each character had their own place in the story, they weren't just there, you know, to fill out the story. Another important character in this story (okay so it's not technically a character, but it kind of feels like that) is Paris. I think Perkins did a wonderful job discribing the city, so you could almost picture yourself there. Ah, it definitely made me want to go to Paris again.

I loved Anna a lot, she was a joy to read about and I liked seeing the story through her eyes. She had a wonderful voice. I liked how she freaked out about things like "what does this mean?", "does that mean..?" and "what do I do now?". It was so hilarious. And don't we all do that at times? I do think she, unintentionally, was a bit mean sometimes, but I liked that she acknowledged that - that she regretted it, and tried to make up for it. She has easily become one of my favourite protags.

I LOVED St. Clair! He was soo sweet. And, and... I've no words, and I actually think you have to experience him yourself. Though I can say, I liked that he wasn't perfect, and that he made some mistakes along the way, but I think that made him seem more real. He and Anna had a fantastic chemistry, and I liked how everything felt so natural with them. That their friendship was so genuine.  

This is certainly one of the best books I've read this year. It made me happy, it made me swoon and I loved it all the way through. If you haven't read this yet, I recommend you read it immediately, if you in any way like contemporaries!

I have to read the companion novel Lola and the Boy Next Door ASAP!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆  

No comments:

Post a comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to leave a comment below :)