Tuesday 12 February 2013

Top Ten Favorite Romances



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week topic is: Top Ten Favorite Romances. 

I love romances in books, it is often my favorite part of the book, especially if it's a forbidden romance. I like so many that it has been rather difficult to only choose ten!

1. Anna and Étienne from Anna and the French Kiss: They are just perfect together, and I like that their love is built on friendship. 
“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” 

Anna and the French KissHalf-Blood (Covenant, #1)

2. Alex and Aiden from the Covenant series: I absolutely love forbidden romances, and this is one of the best. 
“Because I love you, we share each other’s problems. When we fight, we fight together. I’m going to be by your side no matter what, whether you like it or not. That’s what love is, Alex. You never have to face anything alone again. And I get what you’re saying. I don’t agree with it, but I will support you in any way I can.” 

3. Katy and Daemon from the Lux series: These two! They have the best chemistry ever!
“If she was mine, I'd cherish every inch of her. And I wanted to. Now” 

Opal (Lux, #3)Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)

4. Sydney and Adrian from Bloodlines: Sydney and Adrian are so great togehter, they truly understand each other and are always there for the other.
“You need me? You yell. You want to leave? We go. I'll get you out of here, no matter what.” 

5. Meghan and Ash from the Iron Fey series: They would do anything for each other, and they'll do anything to be together, even it means being banished from their home or having to literally go to the end of the world for the other. 
“I have come from the End of the World.... From the River of Dreams, through the gauntlet and the Briar and the Deep Wyld, in order to stand before you today. I have but one request - to take my place at your side. To resume my duty as your knight, and to protect you and your kingdom for as long as I draw breath.” 

6. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: This is with out doubt one of the most epic romances.
“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” 

7. Samantha and Jase from My Life Next Door: Sam and Jase are so sweet together, and I love that there is absolutely no drama between them. 
“I don't know. I didn't have that choice. But I know what's happening now. And I'm choosing to stay with you.” 

My Life Next DoorSignificance (Significance, #1)

8. Maggie and Caleb from Significance: I have only yet read the first book in the series, but they have the cutest romance. 
“I saw something in you that I couldn't live without. I chose you, inside of me, and you chose me. It's not one sided, it only works when both people choose the other. You are perfect for me in every way.” 

9. Grace and Sam from Shiver: Their romance is so sad, because they both know they have so little time togehter, but at the same time it's so .. beautiful.
“It is possible to be in love with you just because of who you are.” 

10. Tris and Four/Tobias from Divergent: They weren't particularly romantic or anything, but I liked how well they fit together and how alike they are. They were just perfect for each other. 
“I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.” 


What are your top ten favorite romances? Leave a link below and let me know.

6 comments:

  1. I forgot about Grace and Sam! I do love them as a couple, Maggie Stiefvater writes so well! I have Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth as well :)

    My TTT @The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are great! I think Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are rather popular today :)

      Delete
  2. Samantha and Jase- goodness, how could I forget about that couple. I loved that book.

    Great list.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too (well, obviously), and they are really just the sweetest!

      Delete
  3. I agree with most (the ones that I know, I mean), but Sydney and Adrian are favorites!

    ReplyDelete